As an unconventional non-profit, it only makes sense that our donor program is as unique as we are. When you donate to The Order of the Good Death you aren’t sending money to a faceless organization. Instead, you will have the opportunity of building a relationship with our staff. We are a small, tight-knit organization, and our donor program reflects this!
Invest in a more meaningful, eco-friendly, and equitable future of death
Become a member!
In an effort to be accessible to all, we offer two membership tiers
$5–9 per month
Tier One gives you:
- An insiders-only newsletter, featuring Death Positive news, updates on legislative advocacy, article and video previews, fun facts, and more!
- Two special Pop Goes the Reaper! newsletters featuring recommendations for TV, movies, books, music, art, podcasts, and games from some of the most interesting people working in death.
- The Order’s teach-in series. Curated by our Executive Director, members will receive two cycles of our teach-in series, which focuses on how racism and other biases impact the ways historically marginalized people experience death and access death care. The series aims to educate and inform through social, political, and historical teachings and work toward solutions and direct action.
$10+ per month
Tier Two gives you:
- All of the Tier One perks
- Access to a virtual members-only community where you can connect and engage with like-minded individuals from around the world and share stories and resources—all on a secure and private platform.
- Exclusive member events like Living Funeral Ceremonies, end-of-life planning workshops, fascinating talks, and other unique opportunities.
Just want to make a quick one-time donation so you can get back to binging Netflix? As a staff of introverts we totally get it! You can make a donation below and we promise not to show up in your inbox uninvited (except to thank you!) and we’ll get busy putting your donation to work.
If you are donating in memory of someone please include that and the person’s name in the note section of the donation form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my donation to the Order of the Good Death tax deductible?
Yes, we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our tax ID number is 82-3964819.
How do I include the Order of the Good Death in my will?
You have lots of options and the best one for you will depend upon your personal circumstances. Listing the Order as a beneficiary of your retirement or insurance plan is one route or you could establish a gift tied to your estate, a life income gift, or even a charitable lead trust. If you choose to go any of those routes, please reach out to us so we can appropriately thank you.
What does my donation go towards?
What is workplace giving and how does it affect my donation?
Many employers offer a workplace giving program that will match your donation, effectively doubling the total donation. Check if your employer has a donation matching program by asking your Human Resources professional.
How can I donate aside from direct monetary donations?
If you have airline miles accumulated, we gratefully accept donations in the form of airline vouchers. Please contact Ericka Cameron at email@example.com to make arrangements.
We also understand that not everyone is able to contribute to causes financially. If you would rather donate your time, please check out our volunteer page.
How do I edit or cancel my monthly donation?
Please contact Ericka Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.